Olibanum oil is also referred to as Frankincense and is widely obtained from western Europe, especially France. It is extracted from the bark and stem of the plant. It is sometimes also obtained from the roots of the plant. It is actually a resin that is relatively thicker than the oils. It is rich in many micronutrients that give it the aroma besides other properties. It is used widely in making incense sticks because of its strong and flavoured fragrance that can travel long distances. It is also used as traditional medicines in curing many diseases.
· The widest use of this resin is in incense sticks. It is mixed along with other ingredients that help in burning.
· It is mixed with other oils for aromatherapy.
· It is used widely for psychological treatments to create a conducive atmosphere with the help of its fragrance.
· It is often used in modern day room freshening items for its unique fragrance.
· It has medicinal usages as well. It is often blended with other medicinal ingredients to make curatives for stress and anger. It also helps in relieving headaches and other body aches.
· It is also used in bathroom health products to add in aroma.
It is rich in terpene, sesquiterpene and diterpene, besides other ingredients. These are the constituents that make it have a strong fragnace of its own.
It is blended often with oils that are used widely for aromatherapy. It is also used widely in blends to make incense sticks as well as room freshening items.
|Product Code||SVA - 207|
|Botanical Name||Boswellia Serrata (Fam: Burseraceae)|
|Methods of Extraction||Steam Distillation|
|Color & Odor||Pale Yellow to Light Yellow & Strongly diffusive, Fresh Terpency|
|Country of Origin||India|
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: