Citronella Essential Oil
CITRONELLA ESSENTIAL OIL
We might have heard of this name- Citronella here and there for the oil is so popular. But ever wondered what makes it so loved by people all around the globe? We may have the answer. People who have used Citronella once will tell you that they can’t live without these fabulous magical droplets which save them, refresh them, and keep them all healthy all the time.
Citronella Oil is sometimes being confused with that of Lemongrass Oil because of their alike, nature, process, smell, and even belonging to the same family, i.e. the Cymbopogon family. Well, they are cousins and the easiest way to distinguish between this herb is that lemongrass has pseudostems of off-white colour while that of citronella is reddish. But the scent and uses of both differ and each has its own quality. Steam distillation of Cymbopogon winterianus herb yields Citronella Essential Oil.
We would love to give you an insight on this very common yet very important essential oil so you can also infuse this in your lifestyle and make it a little more natural, beautiful, and healthy.
GROWING AND HARVESTING CITRONELLA:
- Citronella grass is indigenous to Asia and is a beautiful add on to your terrace that helps to restrict insects and annoying whiteflies in the corner.
- Citronella oil grows well at moderate temperatures. You can grow it either by planting seeds or dividing roots.
- It's perfect to grow in Loamy soil with a pH level 6.5 is accurate for its growth.
- The easiest way is to plant is through seed transplants or root division and providing them with optimal sunlight.
- It can't tolerate the harsh winter climate. So warm and sunny weather would be suitable if you are selecting the location to grow this beauty.
- Citronella needs plenty of water and grows easy. So go ahead and plant yourself some citronella.
BENEFITS OF CITRONELLA OIL
We all face trouble sometimes while healing wounds or repelling bugs. Citronella Oil is best used known for its anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory to alleviate pain and heal wounds. Mostly used in scented candles and deodorant, citronella oil finds its various uses in home, beauty, and hygiene. The refreshing smell helps in aromatherapy, home-spray, bug repellent, and gardening purposes. Citronella oil can blend well with lavender, clary sage, pine, rosemary, sandalwood, etc. and be used in a diffuser to uplift your mood and provide you relief from mundane tasks. Citronella is best known to facilitate the serene and calm environment The most effective solution for keeping the bugs and insects away naturally is Citronella Essential Oil. Some of the major benefits that we find with this oil are listed below:
- MASSAGE AND AROMATHERAPY: We all wish to avoid being on tenterhooks but life throws situation. All the tensions may actually display themselves as physical pain and all you may need at that time is some good massage with an instant boost in your confidence and mental clarity. Citronella oil does the work for you. It is an amazing stress reliever and thus a preferred choice in aromatherapy. Citronella Oil aroma is known to provide mental clarity, boost concentration, and provide relief from chaos. Keep away lethargy and fatigue with citronella and instill peace within.
- HEAL WOUNDS AND ACHE: Citronella Oil proves effective in providing relief to minor wounds and helps in alleviating the pain. The antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties of citronella oil help in the accelerating wound recovery.
- WARD OFF BUGS: Mosquitoes playing hide and seek in your beautiful abode. The fresh citrusy smell of citronella oil is not something insects like which makes it a perfect insect repellent. Citronella is best known for preventing insect bites and keeping away bugs naturally.
- SKINCARE: Citronella Oil possesses antifungal properties to destroy the fungus and germs on your skin which are the cause of various health problems. It keeps the skin free of harmful microbes and helps in restoring lost lustre and smooth finish.
- HAIRCARE: Lice are the reason for various hair problems like lack of growth, nourishment, itchy scalp, and dandruff. To protect yourself from them, Citronella Oil proves effective in taking care of your follicles and wipes away both lice and dandruff from the hair.
- SUN PROTECTION AND ANTI AGING: To fight the sign of aging and protect yourself from harmful radicals, you can believe Citronella Oil. It helps in balancing sebum production. It also protects the skin from UV radiations and thus naturally keeping the skin supple and beautiful.
HOW TO USE CITRONELLA OIL
Citronella Oil finds its use in many places like cosmetics, medicine, and odour. The magical oil helps in providing a safe atmosphere and keep away the sickness.
From tip to toe, i.e. caring for your hair follicles to taking care of your feet, Citronella Oil comprehends well. Let me share how you can include this beneficial oil in your lifestyle:
- STRENGTHEN HAIR FOLLICLES AND DEEP CONDITIONING: Adding few drops of SVA Organics Citronella oil in your shampoo helps to eliminate the excess oil, dandruff, itchy scalp, and most importantly “The Lice” and providing them the proper conditioning. You can make your hair-mask by mixing a carrier oil with few drops of citronella oil and leaving it overnight and then rinsing your hair in the morning. This aids in promoting healthier and smooth hair while eliminating the harmful toxic pollutants. It’s time to take care of your beautiful hair.
- TOPICAL AND COSMETIC USES: You can use SVA Organics Citronella oil, topically by diluting it with a carrier oil of your choice and then applying it to the effective area. The Citronella essential oil aids in providing relief from fungal infection, dermatitis, eczema, and also helps in fading the blemishes, red patches, and inflammation.
- WRINKLES AND ANTI AGEING: Youthful and wrinkle-free skin is all that we want, don’t we ladies? But it does appear and even faster when life wants you to rush back and forth from the office, in sun, dust, pollution. There is never enough time to give the skin some rest. Few drops of Citronella oil when added to your daily moisturizer or sunscreen takes care of your skin without much effort and restores the lost charm. It potentially reduces the appearance of wrinkles and keeps it youthful.
- KEEPS AWAY BUG: To keep away bugs naturally, citronella oil is one of the best pickups to stop their entry in your home. Dilute the oil with 1/2 cup of distilled water, pour this amalgamation into the spray bottle. Sprinkle it in your room, living area, or office it helps in restraining the mosquitoes away from home. For effective use, you can spray this every 2 hours, and there will a significant reduction in insects that too naturally.
- CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE: It is of utmost importance to take care of hygiene and maintain a safe atmosphere. You can rely on SVA Organics Citronella Essential Oil for the same. Adding a few drops of Citronella Essential Oil in your regular cleaning solutions will ensure better cleanliness with a fresh citrusy aroma.
- HEALING WOUNDS AND EASE PAIN: Citronella oil is extensively used in medicinal and sedative purposes. By adding a few drops of oil with a carrier oil of your choice can help in healing wounds, scrape, spasm, and topical infections. Dabbing of few drops of diluted citronella oil on the affected area can help you to provide ease with injury and pain.
CITRONELLA OIL BLENDS
I would love to share few Citronella oil blends for a diffuser that I keep handy for various situations. Try them and I’m sure you’d love them!
- BUGS AT BAY
SVA ORGANICS is a bulk manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of Citronella Essential Oil and the oil has been a saviour since long for many consumers all around the globe. It is 100% natural and organic for we believe in purity and trade both.
SVA ORGANICS is a trusted and well-reputed brand. Citronella Essential Oil, organic manufacturers, and Citronella Oil exporters who stand by the values of purity and welfare of human health. SVA is Citronella Oil organic supplier and Citronella Oil bulk and wholesale too. People worldwide love SVA Citronella oil and we wish it reaches all the nature lovers out there.