Lemon oil is obtained from Citrus Limon which is also widely known as Citrus limonum, that branches itself from the family of Rutaceae. This tree is usually found in India and grows up to the height of 20 feet.
Lemon oil is obtained from Citrus Limon which is also widely known as Citrus limonum, that branches itself from the family of Rutaceae. This tree is usually found in India and grows up to the height of 20 feet. It bears white or pink flowers oozing an amazing fragrance and its dark green leaves are oval and serrated. The fruit is initially green in colour however on ripening turns yellow, the tree protects it well with thorns. The actual extraction process of the oil is best done by cold pressing of fresh fruit peels. The extracted oil is greenish yellow in colour while its thickness is almost watery and it oozes a distinct fresh aroma.
In the Middle Ages the Crusaders carried the tree to Europe for benefitting from its several uses.
- The Lemon oil helps one by cleansing their body and improving their systems immunity.
- It is used in aroma therapies (the shelf life of the oil for this therapy is about 10 months), vapor therapies, fragrance therapies.
- It best helps in boosting ones concentration level, help in easing headaches,
- Lemon oil offers great assistance in improving the functionality of our digestive system, and also cures dyspepsia, constipation etc.
- One can use it for controlling blood pressure as it helps the blood circulation and similarly it helps individuals suffering from nose bleeds.
- Lemon oil helps in treating skin ailments like acne, also treats throat infections, fever etc.
BLENDS WITH - Generally essential oils blend well with each other however Lemon oil blends exceptionally well with geranium, sandalwood, eucalyptus, rose, elemi, lavender etc.
CONSTITUENTS – The Lemon oil is made up of several essential components like sabinene, a-pinene, limonene, neral, camphene etc.
|Botanical Name||Citrus Limonum|
|Methods of Extraction||Cold Pressing Metho|
|Color & Odor||Pale Yellow to Yellow Liquid & Sharp, Fresh Smell|
|Country of Origin||Italy and Asia|